Sunday, December 6, 2015

You Were There

I'm thinking about you today, Baby Q.

My heart is full of anticipation to meet you, to hold you, and to tell you the story of how you came to us.

You see, Baby Q., you have always been here.

You were there the first time I noticed your father's blue eyes.

You were there the first time we kissed.

You were there on one of those first precious dates when we laughed about what we would name our children.

You were there when your father proposed to me.

You were there when your grandfather walked me down the aisle.

You were there when we fell asleep that first night in our new home discussing which room we would make a nursery.

And you were there when the doctors told us we could not have children on our own.

Your story begins with our love story and without that story, even the heartbreak of infertility and the dark days of uncertainty, we would not have you, Baby Q.

I'm thinking about you today, my little love, and I cannot wait to tell you the story of how you came to us.

I cannot wait for God to unravel the pages of your story like a magical book.

It will be a bestseller in our house for years to come because it will star YOU.